posted Aug 7, 2010, 6:42 PM by Michael Reilly
updated Aug 10, 2010, 5:59 PM
We're going to learn a few things about the class, each other, technologies, and even real school stuff like Language Arts!
Monday, August 9
- Show up by 7:10, we like promptness!
- No rules, we prefer principles and expecations.
- Your tech tools
- Learn about yourself and share it: check the "Links" page. First, take the "quiz", then fill in the "form".
- On to the first assignment: "Why are you here? Who are you?"
Tuesday, August 10
- First shot of Photoshop
- Color schemes
- Google Sites
- First Draft due
- Peer critiques and conversations
- Get going on the second draft
Wednesday, August 11
- Second Draft due
- More peer critiques
- Get your final draft ready
- Google "Meta-Site", a site for your sites
- Sharing with your teachers - Name it right! -> Project 1 + your CDAT login
Thursday, August 12
- Final draft due with pictures and all in a Google Site. At least 3 pictures, "Saved for Web" so the "size" is correct.
- You should have your autobiography as good as possible, incorporating feedback, no spelling errors, etc.
- Reflect on the process and first week. You will email mreilly and lbuffington. Subject of the email is "Week 1 " with your CDAT login, like "Week 1 - cdatmr". In the message, be as clear as possible what you did like, what you didn't like about Week 1.
- Get your first look at Project 2!
(This could go into Friday, or end earlier Wednesday, depending on the speed of progress. We don't know you, you don't know us, so we need to remain flexible. More details about this first project will be available in the Files page.)
By the end of this first project you will have covered a variety of Language Arts AKS focused on writing and specifically autobiographies, and Digital Media AKS including basic photo editing, collaborative and cloud-based computing, WYSIWYG website and wiki development, as well as multiple modes of online communication. Pretty good for Week 1!